Our partner

How Interesting Are Your Dreams?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

How Interesting Are Your Dreams?

Postby Reaper » Fri May 01, 2015 3:40 am

I am aware there have been threads like this in the past, but I figured it was time for a new one anyway.

- How often do you dream?

- What do you usually dream about?

- Do you ever have recurring dreams? If yes, what kind of recurring dreams have you had?

- Assuming there is some meaning to your recurring dreams, what do you think they mean?

- Are your dreams similar to real life, or do often dream of things that couldn't normally be done in reality?

Someone on a forum once claimed that psychopaths can't dream. I haven't seen any evidence that suggests that's true.

- Have you seen any research that suggests psychopaths can't dream?

(Post a link to it if you have)

And finally...

- What did you dream last night?
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How Interesting Are Your Dreams?

Postby Obsidian » Fri May 01, 2015 3:47 am

I rarely dream, dreams are signs of laying in bed for too long. :­P
“God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.”
Obsidian
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Reaper » Fri May 01, 2015 4:00 am

Obsidian wrote:I rarely dream, dreams are signs of laying in bed for too long. :­P

I've heard of people dreaming during a half hour nap. That's too long?
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Obsidian » Fri May 01, 2015 4:07 am

Dark Soul wrote:
Obsidian wrote:I rarely dream, dreams are signs of laying in bed for too long. :­P

I've heard of people dreaming during a half hour nap. That's too long?

Nah, people often dream during naps. People dream when they aren't entirely asleep, and it takes 30-40 minutes to fall into a deep sleep. The "dreams" people talk about are the ones right before waking up and if they have them they are already waking up.

People who dream a lot sleep in a lot. They just lay there half asleep half awake for a long time.
“God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.”
Obsidian
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri May 01, 2015 4:23 am

Obsidian wrote:People who dream a lot sleep in a lot. They just lay there half asleep half awake for a long time.

Ah, explains why I don't dream a lot. I'm an early riser and I usually only sleep for about 5 or 6 hours a day.

Sleep is boring in my opinion.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri May 01, 2015 4:49 am

Anyway, I did dream last night.

I dreamt that I was walking around the city at night and I got a phone call that a psychologist wanted to see me. I didn't know why and she wouldn't tell me until I saw her in person, which I thought was quite odd. When I finally got in to see her, the dream ended.

I basically spent the majority of the dream waiting to see the psychologist while sitting in the waiting room. The only interesting thing about the dream were the other people waiting in there as well. Considering the building also had a doctor's office in it, there were all kinds of people waiting in there.

One of them was a family of three - a young guy who looked like he was strung out on drugs, his teenage girlfriend and their baby that kept crying in the pram she had it in. The guy kept yelling at his girlfriend and started physically abusing her. Then some bigger, older guy knocked him to the ground and the receptionist must of called the police because he was arrested very shortly afterwards. Not long after that I was called in to see the psychologist and that's when the dream ended. Never did find out why she wanted to see me.

That's pretty much how most of my dreams are. Just me doing things I normally do in real life. Well, sort of...

A couple of nights ago I dreamed I had an apartment in the city and there were two dead bodies in it. I didn't remember killing them, so I didn't know how they got in there. They had a bloated look and their skin had turned that purplish blue color that people get when they've been dead for awhile. The site of them didn't bother me, but the stink was atrocious.

I had to get rid of them, so I decided to bury one in the ceiling and the other beneath the floorboards. Then I just sprayed the place with air freshener hoping that would be enough to get rid of the smell. And that's pretty much where the dream ended.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby hellmaker » Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 am

I dream about raping and murdering people all the time. I have read there are deep psychological meanings behind both but honestly to me it always seemed that my subconscious is pleasing me by doing things I would find pleasing in my dreams because if I do them in real life I would be locked away for life.

I always wake up with a huge boner after those dreams.

I've dreamt about being in positions of huge power too.

Honestly, most of my dreams involve one of the three things. Hard to remember more to be fair.

I have also dreamt about having dead bodies too without remember killing them...

That's about all that I can think of at the moment.

I remember reading research one that suggested psychopaths don't dream, but that was proven to be wrong by Kevin Duitton so heh.

PS: I rarely dream nowadays. I think I used to dream a lot more as a kid.
“Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”

DX: ADHD,NPD,PDNOS

Lindemann - Praise Abort
hellmaker
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby oddbird » Fri May 01, 2015 10:31 am

I dream plenty, and they're almost always wild, beautiful, and happy. Common themes are exploring awesome distant places, dinosaurs, climbing, and flying. I can only remember a couple of true nightmares in my life.

I've also experienced some vivid hypnapompic hallucinations. The most common one I get is of little shadowy spiders or ants on my bed, which I smack violently until realizing that there's nothing there. There's also been shadow hands rising out of my floor and once, this bizarre grinning asian cherub floating above my bed. I knew I was hallucinating as soon as I saw those, though. I just thought "wtf" and promptly went back to sleep.

If I didn't know what that stuff was, I might be convinced I was haunted.
c'est la vie
oddbird
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:20 am

Postby oddbird » Fri May 01, 2015 11:04 am

I guess it's also relevant to mention the more screwed up dreams I've had. I can remember at least a few murder dreams, which were oddly all either my family or people that really really reminded me of them. Never had a sex dream, though.

hellmaker wrote:I have also dreamt about having dead bodies too without remember killing them...

I had that too. I didn't even see a body, but I knew one was buried close and I had done it.
c'est la vie
oddbird
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:20 am

Postby antimeta » Fri May 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Dark Soul wrote:I am aware there have been threads like this in the past, but I figured it was time for a new one anyway.

- How often do you dream? Once every five years, i do not remember any of my dreams except two.

- What do you usually dream about?
Don't remember them i had two dreams i remember when i was 15 and three days ago. I shot myself in both of them.

- Do you ever have recurring dreams? If yes, what kind of recurring dreams have you had?
Shooting myself in the head. Second time i shot myself in the head, survived and shot 4 others.

- Assuming there is some meaning to your recurring dreams, what do you think they mean?
I should kill myself because im better off dead, but im not done living my life.
- Are your dreams similar to real life, or do often dream of things that couldn't normally be done in reality?
Nothing out of this world, im an asshole in my dreams also.
Someone on a forum once claimed that psychopaths can't dream. I haven't seen any evidence that suggests that's true.
I don't there has been any evidence of someone NOT DREAMING. Some just don't remember dreams.
- Have you seen any research that suggests psychopaths can't dream?
No.
(Post a link to it if you have)

And finally...

- What did you dream last night?

Once again i only remember two dreams in my lifetime. One when i was 15 and one 3 days ago.
It could be because i do a lot of drugs on a daily basis, or i just have lousy memory, or the fact i don't care about dreams or even the possibility i have never had dreams except for those two.
antimeta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 am

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post