Our partner

Empaths

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Empaths

Postby root-beer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Are empaths a real diagnosis? If so is there a proper name for them. I see them posting all the time but the only information I can find on them is just a bunch of people who claim they're more caring other people (as if it's something to be proud of) or websites that are as reputable as a Facebook meme. Is this just a bunch of #######4 or do some people have some links or answers for me
root-beer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Empaths

Postby sublimatedsinner » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:32 am

It's a diagnosis and in less than 3 seconds you can read all about it by simply googling "empath". Feel free to private message me if you have trouble understanding these complicated instructions.
sublimatedsinner
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby RektuiesCatinPace » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:09 am

It's just a term commonly used on this forum to refer to ''normal'' people, or non-ASPD'ers.
Dark Soul wrote:
toosober wrote:some to brag about how immoral they might be

I haven't seen any bragging in that regard.
RektuiesCatinPace
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Postby Mephisto » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 am

root-beer wrote:Are empaths a real diagnosis? If so is there a proper name for them. I see them posting all the time but the only information I can find on them is just a bunch of people who claim they're more caring other people (as if it's something to be proud of) or websites that are as reputable as a Facebook meme. Is this just a bunch of #######4 or do some people have some links or answers for me

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Empath
Here is some help.
Why does this forum even exist? Most of these posts are just jokes or introduction threads about their childhoods.
Mephisto
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

Postby Lucinda » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:07 am

Bernas24 - It's just a term commonly used on this forum to refer to ''normal'' people, or non-ASPD'ers
Its all crazy really..cos there is no such thing as normal imo.
Empaths are governed by emotions , attachments , etc ..and even Love , all of which cause heartache more often than not...
All humans suffer , whether it is having to control violent urges, addictions , emotions, anxiety, depression, loss, grief.....
When you look at stats esp re anxiety and depression it is hard to believe there is any such thing as normal.
Those who consider themselves normal are often delusional.
''Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.''
Lucinda
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby madjoe » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:36 am

even empaths suspend their empathy under certain conditions so is empathy really revevant?
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Postby Ontheotherleft » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Doubt it's relevant at all, like seriously, how much empathy even cognitive, could a person possibly hope to scrape together for another that chooses to act as a human butt plug?

Kind of morbidly fascinated by Beeper logic, knowing that they are BPD/ NPD , seems not to matter , perhaps that is really the PD of banal stupidity ?

While at the same time, creating a challenge for one unencumbered by the plethora of emotional garbage, attempting to cognitively relate on any level with the BPD mindset.? I can't stop laughing. So, it's rather brutal that empaths bother to care at all, and cruel if I even try to relate, because I. Just. Can't.
Ontheotherleft
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 am

Postby root-beer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:17 pm

sublimatedsinner wrote:It's a diagnosis and in less than 3 seconds you can read all about it by simply googling "empath". Feel free to private message me if you have trouble understanding these complicated instructions.

I did try this and by the initial post you should have been able to see that I could not see any reputable websites. Most had things to do with lifestyle choices or religious aspects
root-beer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby WendyTorrance » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:14 pm

WendyTorrance
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Postby root-beer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Funny read. I don't know how valid it is. The article seemed like it had the answers to controlling sociopaths through a reward system based on a partnership. Any relationship that seemed that well balanced wouldn't be for me. People are extremely expendable and replaceable and if I can get more from someone else with less effort I will.
root-beer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post