Our partner

Validity of self diagnosis and online personas

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Validity of self diagnosis and online personas

Postby twistednerve » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 am

BPM606060 wrote:
twistednerve wrote:If a psychiatrist knows his stuff, spent long enough time and dug up history on you that is both accurate and complete enough, than you might have had a well done diagnosis of some illness that might lead to some behaviors and symptoms of what can be called psychopathy or ASPD.

Remember, though, psychopathy and ASPD are just words that might describe different things. In fact, I am of "the school of thought"(?) that believes psychopathy as it is commonly interpreted to be more on the lines of schizophrenia. And ASPD is a term that I use for people more on the lines of the narcissistic/emotionally dysregulated disorders such as HPD, NPD and BPD.

Why? Because of the cluster of symptoms and behaviors people with psychopathy present in common with people on the schizo' spectrum, and the cluster of symptoms and behaviors people with ASPD present in common with BPD, NPD and HPD. I don't think ASPDs are distracted, or have impaired social information processing or lack empathy to the point of not seeing it. In fact, I think ASPDs are no more than prototype of BPD on a more extroverted and male temperament.

Remember, though, psychopathy or sociopathy aren't official diagnosis. They're just lose descriptions of behaviors that can be found in all kinds of people, diseased or not.

And basically, an ASPD as it currently stands is nothing more than a BPD "without the girly s-hit", to some extent, as most are actually more prone to emotional outbursts or active management of their emotions be it through seeking stimulation or dulling, with drugs or drama, or any other kind of social interaction that is intense. And I find that to be girly, and also quite very BPDesque, but ultimately, outright gay.

Diagnosis are only valid if the psychiatrist who made the diagnosis or you are well informed and aren't morons.
But, usually, psychiatrists and you are uninformed morons.

And let this be instructional to all kiddies out here, playing "I am the lord of darkness, manipulative outcast with machine-like mind bent on maquiavelic acts", that this behavior is nothing more than the imagination of people prone to teenage pathetic fa-ggotry, and as madjoe said quite a few hundred times, this is more in the lines of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as they're all a bunch of gay evil queens like that, whereas ASPDs are perpetual violent and troubled teens, with some aspects of masculinity differentiating it from BPD and not at all influenced by a Twilight character, or any gaylord refined vampire queen prototype like so many goth kiddies looking for an ASPD diagnosis base themselves on.

ASPD = BPD on men, or more masculine and austere BPD women. Troubled, dysregulated, volatile, selfish, stimulation seeker, drama queen, sadistic, sometimes very anxious, extreme need for control, manipulative, no empathy, a lot of issues with anger, depression, stuck in the emotional frame of a young teenager, etc.. ASPD isn't pretty or elegant, it's dirty, often drugged and frequently angry.

So yeah, I don't know why you people play these characters here, and so erroneously. The characters you play belong in the NPD forums, but you will soon find yourself at home there in a way you won't like, as most of the people there are regular women complaining of boyfriends and also troubled teens looking for a grandiose compensatory self image. But I don't think they're compensatory narcissists, they're just shit-ty people trying to live a fantasy. Are roleplayers disordered because they like to believe once a week they're trolls or elves? No, they need an escape from themselves in a society that demands narcissism and perfection from all of us.

Someone seems rather angry.

yes, ASPD is rather similar to BPD and being anti-social does not mean you are some sort of cool strong personality. But you are definitely not taking an objective point of view, it is rather obvious you have an an inherent bias towards these personalities. But in all fairness, so do most people on this forum anyway.

HPD > all.
twistednerve
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby BPM606060 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:52 am

HPD > all.

Hyperactive penis disorder?
"Without order...nothing exists....Without chaos....nothing evolves"
BPM606060
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

Postby twistednerve » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:54 am

BPM606060 wrote:
HPD > all.

Hyperactive penis disorder?

Humongous Phallus Deepthroated.
twistednerve
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BPM606060 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 am

Hella penises dickslapping
BPM606060
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby twistednerve » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:05 am

Yeah, man, but honestly, it's hard to discuss personality disorders without sounding offensive or demeaning... or judgemental at the least.

I mean, how to discuss the Cluster B ones without poking at their capacity for evil and lack of humanity?
Or discuss Cluster Cs without making them sound weak or draining to others patience?
Or Cluster As without making them sound weird, odd and difficult to relate with?

The other disorders seem to be easier because they encompass less of how a person sees themselves. Even if a person is terribly affected by schizophrenia, they usually see it as an illness that took themselves away from them, and it's not (in some cases) a permanent thing. But people with PDs seem to always identify with the disorder and, well, it's them, not something that showed up during puberty, early adulthood or after drug use. They see it as themselves.
twistednerve
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BPM606060 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 am

I agree that maintaining ultimate objectiveness is virtually impossible given the intense nature of the erratic personalities, but you get too caught up when you begin saying "bitchiness" and such. At that point, you are likely getting captured by the emotions the nature of these personalities evoke

Yeah, the other personality disorders may be a bit more "human" or relatable to the normative population, i see that as well. People definitely do identify with the cluster b dxes, the PD theory itself is largely predicated upon how individuals see themselves to begin with. It becomes particularly a problem when a PD person just gives up all hopes of personal evolution because they "just are" their PD.

PD theories are hard for anyone to study. I been studying for a few years now and i still constantly get hit with surprises, as well as ridiculous nonscientific words spoken by graduate degree psychologists. The PD field can be a really frustrating study
BPM606060
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby HereNow » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:01 pm

twistednerve wrote:Yeah, man, but honestly, it's hard to discuss personality disorders without sounding offensive or demeaning... or judgemental at the least.

I mean, how to discuss the Cluster B ones without poking at their capacity for evil and lack of humanity?
Or discuss Cluster Cs without making them sound weak or draining to others patience?
Or Cluster As without making them sound weird, odd and difficult .

Cluster B won't be offended. You don't have to tiptoe around their feelings and sensibilities. They don't have any. People do that a lot in here, or they'll scold them about their behavior. Its kind of amusing.
I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.
HereNow
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 am

Postby creative_nothing » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:15 pm

HereNow wrote:
twistednerve wrote:Yeah, man, but honestly, it's hard to discuss personality disorders without sounding offensive or demeaning... or judgemental at the least.

Cluster B won't be offended. You don't have to tiptoe around their feelings and sensibilities. They don't have any. People do that a lot in here, or they'll scold them about their behavior. Its kind of amusing.

I think Bordelines will be offended, Histrionics will deny it, so does Sociopaths. Narcissists can actually be proud of it.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby twistednerve » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:45 pm

creative_nothing wrote:
HereNow wrote:

I think Bordelines will be offended, Histrionics will deny it, so does Sociopaths. Narcissists can actually be proud of it.

The rule is (for dealing with those who react/get offended):

The BPD will cry, get your thread locked and you will be on mod preview. The mods, all of them from PF and maybe some from other nearby mental health forums will fall on you like a bag of dicks on Sasha Grey. Expect two kinds of PMs, too: the "YOU DON'T KNOW HOW BAD BPD IS. IT'S A REAL MENTAL DISORDER" and other more empathetic ones (I meant someone so special like this :)).

The NPD will pretend they didnt understood and drag you around in argument so they can finally dig enough reaction, information and emotion to "hurt back". The mods of the NPD forum will be amused by this. I guess sharks have to hone their teeth.

The ASPDs will turn this into very funny interwebs. The ones who don't, will get called out for being teen angsty fakes or BPDs not accepting the limpdick side of the Force. I think Wichitalineman is a bot, or the ASPD forums have special rules.

I don't think I ever seen anyone post on the HPD forum regularly. Ever. When they do post there, it's a single thread kind of thing and then they move on.

The schizoids will not understand and further inquire your point, turning into a discussion.

Don't hurt the AVPDs. We're a fuzzy wuzzy cuddly loveable folk. <3

But you know, I question the AVPD in me when I make mean spirited posts like this one.
twistednerve
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:53 pm

maybe you are like a compensatory Avpd, TN?

you make mean spirited posts, etc, to compensate for deep seated inadequacy of Avpd...

and other things too...kind of like a reaction formation to what you know to be true but can't accept

maybe you have a whole compensatory persona...
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post