Our partner

with out empthy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

with out empthy

Postby madjoe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:06 am

looking at things like social cunstructs and relationships all looks very crazy to me
terrible return on investment at best
contraproductieve and frustrating
i'm lacking basic instincs and evolutionairy mechanisms
perhaps that what ppl hate about me i have no invested interest in most things

how do you think empthy influence how you see the world (and the crazy things ppl do)
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: with out empthy

Postby HopelessRomantic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:53 pm

If you have lots of emotional empathy, you're good at perspective taking. If you feel other people, they will most likely open up to you, because they think you can relate to their problems. It is usually not true. But at least you try to imagine how it feels like to be in their skin, it comes easier when you feel it. Also when you experience something similar, you can imagine their problem easier. So experiencing plus feeling other people makes you develop very high emotional intelligence.

The problem with having too much empathy is that you can lose your own perspective. If you feel other people so much, you may end up thinking that their emotions are yours or that you experienced what they did, whereas in reality you didn't, but you may believe you did. It can be confusing, because you can lose yourself, and that's dangerous for your sanity.

So there are pluses and minuses to having too much empathy, like in my case. I think the best is a balance when you have it just the right amount within socially acceptable limits, like normal people do. If you go beyond these limits in one direction or another, then you are not considered normal. You may end up thinking you're very special or insane, and both things are true.
HopelessRomantic
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 am

Postby conditional_love » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:57 pm

madjoe wrote:looking at things like social cunstructs and relationships all looks very crazy to me
terrible return on investment at best
contraproductieve and frustrating
i'm lacking basic instincs and evolutionairy mechanisms
perhaps that what ppl hate about me i have no invested interest in most things

how do you think empthy influence how you see the world (and the crazy things ppl do)

Empathy makes me content and lets me appreciate things more I find. For example, a lot of literature speaks to me, whereas someone without empathy couldn't understand why I was moved by Mark Twain's books. Music and food too. Although I don't identify with most people around me, I can sense someones suffering and can come to their aid. Profit and power doesn't motivate me, though fame does to an extent. When I click with someone we can talk for hours about mundane things as there are no secret motives.

I feel I don't need drugs or reckless sex to feel alive. I am content and can be solitary indefinitely.
The human world... it's a mess. Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there.
conditional_love
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:10 pm

Postby b3cky » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:02 am

If you don't have empaty you dont have it simple as.

is what becks always says :)
b3cky
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby InSpiritus » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:10 am

Tale a long hard look in the mirror yourself...and answer the question...
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xSid » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:45 am

madjoe wrote:how do you think empthy influence how you see the world (and the crazy things ppl do)

I have some empathy, ie I usually can understand why people do what they do and how they feel about stuff. I think I lack sympathy more than I lack empathy.

The main way it influences me is the way I feel about my daughter. I go out of my way to make her laugh or to see her happy. And I tolerate things that she does and I find annoying, like when she insists we do something I don't want to, or when she cries.
xSid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madjoe » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 am

InSpiritus wrote:

Tale a long hard look in the mirror yourself...and answer the question...

i need shave
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 am

Really? you can grow face fuzz now?
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madjoe » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 am

hard to see with my nose growing from all the lies
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:08 am

true dat...but I can whack it off for you?

I'm friendly like dat...
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum