Our partner

Hard times

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Hard times

Postby InSpiritus » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14 am

Oops :oops:

Well gives you time to find the best deal on a season's pass..
Upgrade equipment or do it yourself..
Stuff like that...

Do you snowboard?
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby blankslate » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:12 pm

SyntaxError wrote:
InSpiritus wrote:* Sweet*

Weee bit jealous.....I do prefer the Swiss Alps though...endless runs with huge powder. :D

I hate you now, got me thinking about skiing, and I still have to wait until early November.

For times like this my friends and i fill a few pick-up trucks full of ice shavings from the local ice rink and build a small feature or two to ride. it works and it's fun. Try it.

* Sweet*

Weee bit jealous.....I do prefer the Swiss Alps though...endless runs with huge powder. :D

I skied the alps with my family once, maybe 6 years ago. Total ice sheet! Wasn't even an inch of fresh snow; no chance of finding the smallest patch of powder. Nice villages tho and if you have the money it can be a great trip. We had to sell my sister to a nice Bavarian couple to pay for the food and lodging by the end of it tho.

We have some good powder around the US. Not were I'm from but it''s around. \

Anyways, going back to the original post, I'm going to slightly disagree that anxiety is a bad thing. Maybe subconsciously you know there is something off with what you are doing, like you don't have a good planB safety net or something. Maybe you need to stop and step back for a second to evaluate the situation/plan. Not that I have any idea of what you are doing or if that makes sense in the context of it.
blankslate
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 am

Postby tehdoc0 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Doesn't look like anyone in this thread has experienced "hard times". Skiing? Check your privilege guys :lol:

Image GIFSoup
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
tehdoc0
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby WilhelmScream » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:56 pm

With regards to specific situations, I generally look at worst case scenario, get used to the idea of it, and then decide on how best to avoid it.

My parents took my skiing once, to bulgaria, there was no snow. I spent 30 minutes of the entire holiday "skiing". Never tried it since, though I would like to.
WilhelmScream
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby madjoe » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:30 pm

SyntaxError wrote:
madjoe wrote:only things you really need is a place to sleep and food
al the rest is overconsuption/luxary

I have to disagree. I think I am actually at that point where skiing and biking are life essential.

skiing is for old ppl
snowboard (all the cool kids are doing it)
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 pm

tehdoc0 wrote:Doesn't look like anyone in this thread has experienced "hard times". Skiing? Check your privilege guys :lol:

Image GIFSoup

No kidding!!! Spoiled in the west.

I skied the alps with my family once, maybe 6 years ago. Total ice sheet!

Global warming..what a joy... :cry:
Back in the ooooooold days we had to schlep our skis up the hill ourself...It was hooooorrrible. It was freezing cold and we'd fall and slide down the hill...but NO....we got right back up and kept trudging, but I was smart....I trained the dogs to haul my skis and boots for me...and ran up!!!

You ever told silly stories by your parents? Some were true...some was bull...

snowboard (all the cool kids are doing it)

I broke my wrist :( ...but got it put in a cast and went skiing the next day!!! Who needs poles over the moguls?
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby blankslate » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:19 am

riight and they didn't mass produce skiis when you were a kid right? You had to cut down a mighty oak tree yourself and shape skis and set of poles out of it with nothing more than a pocket knife. And there were no bindings, you had to use belts to hold your feet to the skiis. The good ol' days.

IDK I just can't/ don't understand other people.
blankslate
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby blankslate » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:34 am

blankslate wrote:IDK I just can't/ don't understand other people.

(referring to the idea that people who ski do not suffer hard times, because they ski)
blankslate
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby tehdoc0 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:09 am

blankslate wrote:
blankslate wrote:IDK I just can't/ don't understand other people.

(referring to the idea that people who ski do not suffer hard times, because they ski)

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
tehdoc0
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby blankslate » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:49 pm

SIr, your talent for copying and pasting GIFs from GIF soup is a gift from God. Truly. Spirit, Lass, and the gang are very impressed I'm sure.

Anyways, I bet you don't know my perspective on this, because I haven't explained it yet, but there you are still shaking your head and laughing strangely.

OK, you're not interested in hearing my perspective and I'm not interested in explaining it. I can tell we are in the forums for different reasons and are not going to be able to communicate effectively.

Adios.
blankslate
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post