Our partner

Are people who think they're psychopaths disordered?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Are people who think they're psychopaths disordered?

Postby Occams Chainsaw » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Lassitude wrote:Yes, I did. I don't take him seriously.

Doesn't he seem guilt-ridden to you? He says the system shouldn't let him out, he wants to die etc
Occams Chainsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby twistednerve » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:46 pm

If you americans/canadians/other spoiled rich country people lived in Brazil for 2 months, you would be amazed at how your definition of evil and psychopathic is.... silly.

Take a ride in the bus downtown in my city and see what humanity is capable of... in that same bus. :shock:
twistednerve
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

Postby jipped » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Twisted nerve that's also just the nature of a poor country. Any place can be that way. I grew up on a decent side of my city but lived in a he'll hole of poor apartments that had barbed wire around all the fences. I saw more than most people did on the bad side of the city.

But whatever makes you feel tough ;)
Dx-NPD with strong ASPD traits.

"In a prison environment, you would be labeled a psychopath"-psychologist
jipped
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

Postby twistednerve » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 pm

jipped wrote:Twisted nerve that's also just the nature of a poor country. Any place can be that way. I grew up on a decent side of my city but lived in a he'll hole of poor apartments that had barbed wire around all the fences. I saw more than most people did on the bad side of the city.

I don't feel tough. I feel like I would marry you for a greencard. :oops: :twisted:
twistednerve
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

Postby Lassitude » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:02 pm

"Insubordination is punishable by death". I thought that was pretty funny too.
Lassitude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:42 pm

twistednerve wrote:If you americans/canadians/other spoiled rich country people lived in Brazil for 2 months, you would be amazed at how your definition of evil and psychopathic is.... silly.

Take a ride in the bus downtown in my city and see what humanity is capable of... in that same bus. :shock:

agree, but if you Brazilians lived in South Africa for 2 months you would be amazed at how your definition of evil and psychopathic is.... silly ;)

jungle justice!

-- Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:43 pm --

twistednerve wrote:
jipped wrote:Twisted nerve that's also just the nature of a poor country. Any place can be that way. I grew up on a decent side of my city but lived in a he'll hole of poor apartments that had barbed wire around all the fences. I saw more than most people did on the bad side of the city.

I don't feel tough. I feel like I would marry you for a greencard. :oops: :twisted:

:lol:
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:29 am

Lassitude wrote:"Insubordination is punishable by death". I thought that was pretty funny too.

I found the "Lion amongst men" comment funny... :roll:

He bleeds and drops dead like everyone else. And he is incarcerated to boot over a couple hundred bucks...not that bright for the AntiChrist, but that's the master plan, there're moooooar coming to pick up where he left off but his life goes down the sh!tter when the God within can't bust him out...Cuz the God Within ain't there? Or..what? Or ...he's FOS?

Or...let's take a closer look at the common denominator in many of the "great predators" and their MO's shall we? The drivers...

Fked in the head on drugs, negative view of the world and where and why that is the case who cares, but they are blind and remain so in order to justify their sh!tty existences and to absolve themselves in some paltry manner of their acts. Whatever that may be.

Mummy issues/ Daddy issues. Not enough huggies when they were little? OR child sexual and physical abuse...leaves a bad taste for life in a person's existence if all you ever were was the garbage can of another's dysfunction. Please see the BPD and NPD forums for further proof. AvPD not so much, but it's there as well.

Society is too nice. If "predators" lost limbs for crimes...there may be a change of thought ..or not.
But they would certainly shift perspective in some manner...or not...who cares? But they would have a tough time harming another let alone manipulating others to do their dirty work....that's my guess.

InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Lassitude » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:20 am

Thoughts are one thing, but when you put them into action, it's a different story. Sadly InSpiritus, many people would see you and me as sick people for dishing out that kind of punishment on another human being. They would judge us and say we were inhumane, regardless of whatever that person did. I myself cannot understand that logic and I know you can't either. We both have strong morals and such that motivate these thoughts of our's and we believe these thoughts are just and with good reason, which makes sense to us and that makes us a minority.

Would we truly be capable of doing that to another person though? Maybe, maybe not. I really can't speak for either one of us because it hasn't happened yet, but we both believe in it and that might be enough to propel us to do it if pushed to our limits. Of course, we all have our limits and I think that judging by our comments on this forum, our toleration for BS is quite similar and obvious. Would you be able to refrain from punishing someone who raped you and would I be able to refrain from punishing someone who raped someone close to me? I don't think I would.
Lassitude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:27 am

Hmmm...I agree. But at at the same time, don't chain yourself to the concept of morality. It's much simpler than that. That's the reptilian brain...it's a a beautiful thing. But...as ever, depends which side of of the equation you are on. :D

Would you be able to refrain from punishing someone who raped you and would I be able to refrain from punishing someone who raped someone close to me?

That's not a a question that requires any thought...that's obvious...but I would go to to jail for that...so...that's the problem. But rape me? The other dies. I don't care.
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Lassitude » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:32 am

InSpiritus wrote:Hmmm...I agree. But at at the same time, don't chain yourself to the concept of morality.

Live by what you believe in. That's what we both do.

I'm sure that given your nature, you could probably be anything you want to be, InSpiritus. I'm not sure if the same is true for me, I highly doubt I have a reptilian brain but I believe in your notion of not chaining yourself to morality. I think you have to do what is right for you in the context of the situation and of course, that can vary.

-- Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:41 am --

InSpiritus wrote:That's not a a question that requires any thought...that's obvious...but I would go to to jail for that...so...that's the problem. But rape me? The other dies. I don't care.

That loss of control would be devastating for anyone. I'm not sure a person exists that wouldn't have these thoughts about their attacker, even if they try to say they can "move on" or "forgive". Perhaps you can, but it wouldn't be an instant thing and many people sadly end up taking their own lives due to the pain they find unbearable. Some also become abusers, murderers, etc. to compensate for their own pain, but I think we can both agree that those ones are pathetic.
Lassitude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post