Our partner

Greed is Good

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Greed is Good

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:20 pm

what is the purpose of life universally?

survival and long-term maximal happiness.

there are two forms of greed; one is rational on an individual level, the other is not rational on an individual level.

the first form of greed is rational to individuals who can never be happy; they are only happiest in pursing more, and this is their sickness.

the second form of greed is irrational; it is arguably human nature. it is the simple enticement of more, even to truly happy people and its presence or absence in the person is dependent on circumstance, not personality in contrast to the first type.

so even when people have achieved maximal long-term happiness, and therefore the universal purpose of life alongside survival, unless they are acutely aware and accepting of the ruin that will follow from their actions, or live in a culture with values or constraints against greed, many will choose more if they can, or this second type of greed.

but insodoing they will ruin themselves.

you can't be bored of the sort of happiness I am talking about in this second instance; I am talking about where humans really are happy and where greed ruins this and they themselves wish they could back to how things were.

in this instance greed is obviously bad, and is followed by regret.

but this type of greed is on the decline because fewer and fewer people are experiencing or have experienced the type of happiness I am talking about.

on the other hand the first type of greed, which is like a personality flaw, is on the ascent and is like a drug addict's approach to happiness. such individuals have never experienced real happiness, and may never know it either due to lack of such experience in the world itself or personality, and so try to fill their lives with short-term 'hits' to an effort to achieve this maximal long-term happiness which all humans seek but whose efforts are ultimately futile and the greed-like behaviour is a testament to their basic and long-term dissatisfaction and fail.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ashc » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:01 pm

Greed helps our economy, and I like capitalism ok. Competition is good for our economy, and I appreciate it.

But it doesn't work for all- not on an individual basis. Some need more than money.

Richard Cory put a bullet through his head. Everyone is different.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Cory
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 pm

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:58 pm

of course greed helps our economy...it destroys everyone else's.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BPM606060 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:11 am

Icarus wrote:Greed is good.

throughout history it has driven some of the greatest men to some of the greatest precipices of human achievement. Rome, GB, the USA, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, and Darwin have all been driven by the greedy lust for power, knowledge, and wealth.

and for me the only thing that drives me on in life is an insatiable hunger for knowledge and luxury. nothing else really matters to me.

what about you guys? are you driven by greed or something else?

and do you think that Greed is in fact Good?

With all things should come balance, and each individual balances differently . Too much greed and you have immense corruption

Greed helps our economy, and I like capitalism ok. Competition is good for our economy, and I appreciate it.

But it doesn't work for all- not on an individual basis. Some need more than money.

Richard Cory put a bullet through his head. Everyone is different.

The economy is a f*cking joke and it is slowing the progress of humanity. Our economy runs on value for scarce resources, since the laws of demand have it that scarce objects in demand make huge profits.

the thing is if you want humans to feed and clothe our society and eliminate societal ills, you must make resources abundant ; the direct opposite of scarcity and the premise of our economy
"Without order...nothing exists....Without chaos....nothing evolves"
BPM606060
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:14 am

madjoe wrote:greet is ook goed
(greet is a Belgium name)
used to be in class with a girl with that name she was a normal build (white) girl with some serious junk in the trunk
i'm i'm a sucker for junk in the trunk :oops:

..is that cuz you got a big butt too?
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madjoe » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:32 am

that is the bottomline :wink:
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:12 am

...nice butt...brain not too bad either, but the heart is kind of a mess... :|
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madjoe » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 am

it's got an Arrow in it and is bleeding
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:25 am

do you have any pets you care about inspiritus?
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Icarus » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:21 am

crystal_richardson_ wrote:of course greed helps our economy...it destroys everyone else's.

isnt our economy the only one that matters though?

who gives a ###$ if our government is exploiting people half the world away. they are poor and weak. we are strong and rich. it is our destiny to exploit them for their own good; and by doing so raise them from their barbarous and poverty stricken ways.
Si vis pacem, para bellum-Latin Proverb

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Learn before you think. Think before you speak
Icarus
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies