Our partner

Prattle

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Prattle

Postby InSpiritus » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:35 am

“The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself.”

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Hmmm...in the research there is a connect and disconnect in the extremes. And I find it interesting when sliding over the line either/ or with ease is not considered a possibility but rather a lock down or a trap. I may be wrong, but that remains open to debate and potentially correct for others.

Often times, I read the message boards and wonder if we are not all a bunch of retarded children. And then it's just so goddamn funny. Some are like brats, and others are crying because they were hurt emotionally or abused. And I have been as well, but...so much I cannot relate to and neither am I denying it. I am aware that my actions can do have impact on others and as such, I tend to be careful until it is proven not to be warranted.

Switching perspectives and looking through the emotional haze is odd and sometimes just...plain strange. One of the members was talking to me about it their experience, and stated it must be nice to not have anything stick...it is. By the looks of it. Reading the forums...man...looks bad. Do people really feel like that? That sort of emotional agony? For years without something right there in front of them causing the problem? I would not have considered the possibility before as I do now.

Hmmmm...

Sort of a kick off from the Who are you? Thread and hopefully without the retarded trolling, but I won't hold my breath on that. :roll: Maybe the Troll doesn't have Choice? BUt is compelled by deeper drives and motivations that drive the trolling nature of a demand to validate their existence in any manner whatsoever? Dunno...seems dull but I have been known to do the same thing when I feel like being a pest. Rarely though...have better things to do and when I feel the "urge" I go post at SC anyways. Good rips to be had there.
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Prattle

Postby XinshiMorend » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:51 am

That's some deep sh*t.
I read through that entire thing and not a single response formulated in my head, other than that.
Welp.
XinshiMorend
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Lassitude » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:11 am

Today was a good day, because today was a productive day. I think. :)

I felt rage, but instead of suppressing it like I normally do, I let it out in the form of non-stop hardcore pedaling on my bike. I was yelling everything I wanted to say. Now, I smoke weed and I smoke cigarettes on a daily basis, so my lungs aren't the best. I know, why don't I quit, right? Honestly, I haven't had the will power. I've tried many times and I've failed many times, which makes me lose some confidence because I feel like I'm being controlled by something that is causing harm to me.

Anyway, so I was yelling at my bike to go faster, raising the front wheel up and dropping it forcefully back down on the asphalt in order to let some aggression out, naturally. I had no care at the time, I was yelling by myself at the person I was upset with, calling them a bunch of names that I don't feel the need to repeat and thinking about how I was going to beat them up and everything.

Then, when I get home I was tired from biking but still angry. I was going to cuss them out and just lose it on them in general, but instead I simply explained that I went where I was supposed to go and that I came all the way back home. They responded and apologized, so I said it was fine and that I'd go back, but then I had to go even further to meet them. At the end of it all though, I got what I wanted and I was happy in the end, so none of it mattered anymore.

It really made me think.
Lassitude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:44 am

That's some deep sh*t.

Very possibly it's nothing but utter sh!t, but ..maybe not?

You never get that feeling that it's all a great big joke? Life. In a good way though vast majority of the time. Sure there is crap along the way, but it's never anything major. But then again, I look over my shoulder and apparently, for many that is not the case.

Now, I smoke weed and I smoke cigarettes on a daily basis, so my lungs aren't the best. I know, why don't I quit, right? Honestly, I haven't had the will power.

Takes the edge off doesn't it? But...then it's right back and round and round and round and down the toilet it takes you because ...that's what addictions do. I smoke too, and will quit, right after I stock up on E Cigs :D There are many flavors so will have to try those out.

Rage, hmmmm...way too zen to rage anymore I think. Kind of...Raged myself into a perma Zen state with the odd fluctuations. Dunno. Feels good though. No complaints.

Life is good and people are for the most part pretty decent. Some? Not so much, *squish* and carry on if that is the case. *meh*

Man...I such an Azzhole...but generally a nice one. Till, I am not. 8)
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:11 am

I think you are over thinking this...trolling is not a pd :lol:

-- Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:12 am --

InSpiritus wrote:“The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself.”

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

i like this quote however.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xSid » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 am

I am not sure (again) what you are asking with this thread.

I believe that people really *do* feel intense emotional stuff. I notice it all the time on others' reactions. It is ridiculously easy to offend or hurt someone's feelings and, with some people, there is no way around it, unless you enjoy walking on eggshells around them.

I see from your posts that you generally don't get (or believe in) the whole "personality disorder" thing. In another thread you were trying to prove that psychopaths *do* feel guild and they are just pretending they don't. When someone talks about an experience you can't relate or you can't rationalize, you seem to believe they are just lying. Disorders are real, extreme emotionality is real, people that are more fragile emotionally than a piece of glass are real. Psychopaths that will shoot someone's brains without as much as a second thought are real as well. Even if the posters here are pretending, there *actually are* people like that in the world and they are not even a rare breed.
xSid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:13 am

^^^^^^^^

-- Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:22 am --

xSid wrote:Even if the posters here are pretending, there *actually are* people like that in the world and they are not even a rare breed.

PDs are pretty rare...

Like you have to differentiate PD behaviour from non-PD behaviour that looks the same but isn't.

PD is about motivations.

Like many people will shoot someone's brains out without a second thought...in the army.

Because it's 'ok' according to the people in charge.

Psychopathy is absence of conscience. Psychopathy doesn't care what the authorities say; psychopathy kills to gratify himself without any consideration or approval needed.

And that is pretty rare.

So I think the issue is actually people do not know what psychopathy is. It is not a cold blooded killer. It is not a nihilist.

It is someone who gratifies their impulses with no remorse or guilt for their actions. All things are equal, that is they are all equally 'things' or objects of gratification to be killed, fuked, or manipulated to serve to the psychopath.

This IS rare.

Many people do what it takes to survive and blah blah but once they are surviving they stop there. They don't go above that. The psychopath doesn't care about survival, they care about the unrestrained gratification of their impulses.

Doing whatever it takes to survive is not psychopathy.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xSid » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:50 am

Thanks for the long and unnecessary explanation.

I don't think anyone here confuses a soldier in a war zone, or a person who kills to survive with a psychopath. I was illustrating a simple point, which is that psychopaths do exist, just as extremely emotionally people, narcissistic people, etc do exist and they do function in a different way, that might be incomprehensible to people without a similar PD.

(Also, psychopathy in particular, is really not that rare. 4% of the population is quite high percentage.) But it is not my point to talk about what is psychopathy and what is not.
xSid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 am

I am saying people who live in gangs and kill for protection or to survive. People who do crime for a living they are not psychopaths either.

Aspd, maybe. But not psychopath.

Also there is a difference between someone who are merely narcissistic or callous or extremely emotional and someone with a PD. A PD is someone who causes disorder with all those traits.

It isn't the traits. It's how what they DO and how they function in the whole personality in the person's life.

And I'm guessing you got that statistic from that popular read The Sociopath Next Door am I right?

That author's idea of psychopathy is not correct. She thinks someone who sits around their parents house all day not working and lying about what they do to their parents to continue to milk them for provisions so they can laze around is a psychopath...

You can't buy into that oh-sociopaths-are-so-common bullsh*t.

Psychpapths cause DISORDER. It's called a personality DISORDER for a reason. It is no less disruptive than any other type of mental illness it's just of a different variety...usually long term and potentially less obvious but only at first.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xSid » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:16 am

I got the statistic from either wikipedia or some similarly short, easy to access on the net article. I don't have the patience or the interest to read research papers. The percentage makes sense to me, cause I have met some people who possibly fill the bill of no guild/no conscience (within the pretty specific demographic of the jail, but still).

Anyway, it seems that my comment "psychopaths can shoot your brains out" provoked all that reaction. I am not saying that anyone who shoots someone else is a psychopath. I don't give a flying ###$ who is a psychopath and who is not, or how common they are. This is a mental health forum, so I guess that people here are more likely to have some disorder than the general population. So if someone here sounds way too emotional, they ofc might be pretending, but they might actually *be* too emotional -disorderly so. Same with ASPD and all other PD's. People that come to these forums are a subset of the common population, not a random sample of people.
xSid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum