Our partner

Do you think you can "induce" a mental disorder in someone?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Do you think you can "induce" a mental disorder in someone?

Postby canyouhelp3 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:24 am

Perhaps a "big" one.

Obviously you can induce trauma/PTSD. But I'm talking personality disorder, mood disorders, possibly even psychotic disorders.

It's always something I've fantasized about.
canyouhelp3
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do you think you can "induce" a mental disorder in someone?

Postby InSpiritus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:33 am

It 'd be fun to have the azzhole try that with me IRL... :mrgreen:
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lolidk » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:34 am

I don't think you can drive a mentally healthy person to develop a disorder, no. I do, however, know that it's possible to do so with someone who already has some issues or is slightly unstable to begin with. When I was a teenager I drove a girl to start starving herself, and she developed anorexia, but I'm positive she was already a bit lacking in self esteem.
DX: NPD
lolidk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 am

Postby InSpiritus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:39 am

canyouhelp3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm not asking for a diagnosis, just if I seem dissociative or schizophrenic to you.

Ever since I was a child I was bullied at school, when I was bullied and I would pretend like I was someone else and it helped a lot. It got deeper and more serious when the "personality" changes switched in random situations, my other personality that was confident and could handle bullies had her own name, background, and details. I'll call her B. She started talking to me, and is always talking to me. Shes kind of like a voice in my head that tells me what to do. She does bad things to people, and thats the only flaw I find in her, otherwise shes what I like in a person. Lately she took over when I was having an online conversation with my boyfriend, I kind of "woke up" from a dream and saw that i had just typed something very nasty to my bf, but I don't remember typing it. Then another day my arm is completely bloody, and it turns out I cut myself but don't remember doing it! Its scary because I don't want her to give me a bad reputation, or ruin my relationships with everyone. I also want to believe I have control over when she comes out, but it feels the opposite.

I'm too worried to seek therapy, I know they'll think I'm crazy and won't take what I say seriously.. which is why I ask here.

....*pfft*
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lolidk » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:43 am

InSpiritus wrote:
canyouhelp3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm not asking for a diagnosis, just if I seem dissociative or schizophrenic to you.

Ever since I was a child I was bullied at school, when I was bullied and I would pretend like I was someone else and it helped a lot. It got deeper and more serious when the "personality" changes switched in random situations, my other personality that was confident and could handle bullies had her own name, background, and details. I'll call her B. She started talking to me, and is always talking to me. Shes kind of like a voice in my head that tells me what to do. She does bad things to people, and thats the only flaw I find in her, otherwise shes what I like in a person. Lately she took over when I was having an online conversation with my boyfriend, I kind of "woke up" from a dream and saw that i had just typed something very nasty to my bf, but I don't remember typing it. Then another day my arm is completely bloody, and it turns out I cut myself but don't remember doing it! Its scary because I don't want her to give me a bad reputation, or ruin my relationships with everyone. I also want to believe I have control over when she comes out, but it feels the opposite.

I'm too worried to seek therapy, I know they'll think I'm crazy and won't take what I say seriously.. which is why I ask here.

....*pfft*

:lol:
DX: NPD
lolidk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 am

Postby Qoq » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:03 am

Yeah if you catch them young enough... :twisted:
Qoq
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby InSpiritus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:07 am

Having nightmares again QQ?
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MacBuddhaBurger » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:07 am

canyouhelp3 wrote:Perhaps a "big" one.

Obviously you can induce trauma/PTSD. But I'm talking personality disorder, mood disorders, possibly even psychotic disorders.

It's always something I've fantasized about.

Mmmmmmm

Sleep deprivation can induce psychosis.
The young have aspirations that never come to pass, the old have reminiscences of what never happened.
MacBuddhaBurger
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Qoq » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:13 am

InSpiritus wrote:Having nightmares again QQ?

Yeah...too worried you're gonna catfish my bank account.
Qoq
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby InSpiritus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:15 am

*pfft*

That was your ex...not me to be sure.
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies