Our partner

Ultimate Arguments Against Psychiatry Methods

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Ultimate Arguments Against Psychiatry Methods

Postby Polozker » Tue May 02, 2017 7:19 pm

I have a very simple questions to everybody, especially for psychiatrists: how can you prescribe some meds, the chemicals, relying only on oral evidence of patients, but not on the chemical tests, showing some types of chemical imbalance?
Isn't more reasonable to take some chemical tests of a patient brain?
You know that the chemical reactions in the brain are so refined that most likely even personal dosage is required in the good number of cases, thus why don't you take some tests before prescribing some phycotropic drugs?
Why you are so sure that patient oral evidences are accurate and really represent specific types of chemical imbalances?
Knowing no answers to the questions posted above, how can you continue to perform your job as moral beings for whom the idea, the ideal of honesty worth something, worth a lot?
Polozker
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Ultimate Arguments Against Psychiatry Methods

Postby slither » Sun May 21, 2017 2:55 am

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I will add that I do not think there are tests which can tell if a person is chemically imbalanced in the way that you mean.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:01 pm

Postby Polozker » Sun May 21, 2017 9:26 am

slither wrote:I'm not a psychiatrist, but I will add that I do not think there are tests which can tell if a person is chemically imbalanced in the way that you mean.

Since such test don't exist psychiatry cannot be considere as a science, because objectivity interpreted as something unrelated to someone'e opinion, is the main criteria of any science.
If there are no chemical test proving or disproving some patient't testimonies about his/hers inner world it is absolutely impossible to distinguish malingering behaviour from real mental disorder if the latter exists.
For example, there are a lot of conscripts all over the world and also a lot of criminals simulating some kinds of mental disorders in order to avoid military service or incarceration. And they succeed in those affairs, because the psychiatrists themselves become the hostages of their own philosophy. Since they have symptoms matching some textbook, generally accepted examples they have nothing to do but issue a diagnosis. Even feeling some lies they cannot be objectively sure that a person is malingering a disorder.
Anyway, let the psychiatrists to solve their problems on their own, I just want to attract the attention of general public that the psychiatry is not a science at the current moment, and really I have no words to say what it is.
Polozker
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Copy_Cat » Sun May 21, 2017 2:52 pm

"The psychiatric profession has finally come clean and confessed on a national media outlet that there is no evidence to support the Serotonin Theory of Depression. Today, on NPR’s Morning Edition there is a segment about the chemical imbalance theory, and virtually all the psychiatrists who are interviewed acknowledge that the there was never any evidence in support of the idea that low serotonin causes depression. But then, amazingly, they go on to say that it is perfectly fine to tell patients that serotonin imbalance causes depression even though they know this isn’t the case"

Read more https://www.madinamerica.com/2012/01/psychiatrys-grand-confession/

I’m sure each of us had that first conversation with our Primary care physician about how we might have insomnia or not feel so great about our life situation, what is happening with relationships and so on and so forth.

$ 100 says that the doctor, TELLS YOU THAT CHEMICAL IMBALANCE LIE instead of walking you through your problems with talk therapy they prescribe you a lifetime commitment to psychotic drugs which you can never just safely just stop ingesting but they usually never bother to warn about withdrawal reactions.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 am

Postby Polozker » Sun May 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Copy_Cat wrote:"The psychiatric profession has finally come clean and confessed on a national media outlet that there is no evidence to support the Serotonin Theory of Depression. (...) But then, amazingly, they go on to say that it is perfectly fine to tell patients that serotonin imbalance causes depression even though they know this isn’t the case"

Copy_Cat wrote:$ 100 says that the doctor, TELLS YOU THAT CHEMICAL IMBALANCE LIE instead of walking you through your problems with talk therapy they prescribe you a lifetime commitment to psychotic drugs which you can never just safely just stop ingesting but they usually never bother to warn about withdrawal reactions.

Sorry to say, but evidently the psychiatry as the profession is the shelter for sadistic, deceitful, greedy and sexually perverted individuals. They conscientiously lie to their patients, they torture people with such painful procedures like electo-shock or insulin coma, they enrich themselves selling medications which don't help, and they also sexually abuse patients, primarily women, in the hospitals.
I'm saying the latter, because I had a chance to read some clinical records of the Soviets psychiatrists. The worst reading I've ever had in my lifetime, because there sadists forced female patients to undress (in modern Russia they do the same according to the most resent testimonies), as thought their nudity can help to understand their mental disorders, and also the shrinks recorded in the most disgusting bureaucratic manner possible some physiological details of their bodies.
Since there is no paradise on the planet, they are more or less the same and probably do the same in the US and in other places.
So, the only reasonable tactics is to stay away from those folks as far as possible.
And where to run, where so sick help, if one has some soul troubles?
The answer is very simple: those who love will save the loved by love, mercy, attention and care. This could sound pathetic but that is the true fact, verified by the history of psychiatry. It was noted that the behaviour of the hospital inmates dramatically improved when the personal showed just a glimpse of the true human attitude.
Polozker
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post