Our partner

It was all completely worthless.

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

It was all completely worthless.

Postby caughtinafray » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:37 pm

No, I did not get a damn thing out of those three times I was hospitalized. I never asked for any of that $#%^. It was a pointless waste of time and money, nothing more than a hollow chance to make use of the health insurance. If I could, I'd never spend a dime on health insurance. I'd sooner die of cardiac arrest or something at 30 than fork out thousands of dollars for nothing. But no, the law says nobody in the entire nation is allowed to make that decision for themselves. The law is spotted with BS all over the place, and ###$ this #######5 system we live in to. And about the prescription meds - I seriously wish I could go back in time and never have been forced into that junk. It was counterproductive in every respect. I wasn't ######6 6, I was 16 at that time, and there was absolutely no reason I couldn't decide what useless pills I swallowed - or not.

I wouldn't even expect responses, in fact, I'd prefer to see this stay at 0.
DX: Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, Bipolar type 2
caughtinafray
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am
Blog: View Blog (64)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: It was all completely worthless.

Postby The_Ghoul » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:38 am

The past is gone. What will you do with it? Make use of the present. Focus your mind. Reign in your desires. Find peace and you will win a victory no one can take from you.
"Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble."

"Life is suffering. Suffering arises from delusional ignorance. There is a way to end suffering. This way is the Noble Eight fold Path." - The Four Noble Truths
The_Ghoul
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (17)

Re: It was all completely worthless.

Postby PsyHealer » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:16 am

Dude, I'm sorry for you.

I do believe you when you say it was a waste of money and counterproductive, for you.

When my partner begun spiraling out of control every day, I took her into a psychiatrist and he started his prescription "trials", for the worse. He got his little money and bye bye. I got much more trouble at home and a black eye. She left me but that made her so sad that she had a couple of epileptic seizures. Could have died. It was not her psychiatrist who got called by the hospital to be with her there. It was me. Months later I made it to re-conciliate with her. Then came the neurologist, all pompous, and prescribed one more drug, also for the worse. We engaged in nutritional treatment and decided to quit on meds. Then came the right diagnostic, BPD. Still not easy, but she didn't need any meds in first place. She is a medication survivor too, like you.

And my 2 year old daughter was quickly diagnosed with SMDD (the infant version of bipolarity) and prescribed Depakote. Really? A powerful anti-psychotic for such a small developing brain? Luckily there was an alternative. Guess what she is healed.

Last time my schizoaffective sister was hospitalized, after using recreational drugs, she spent months there with no improvement, until I talked her back into supplement treatment which she had quit. She finally took it seriously and is now better than she has been in many years. She needs some meds to avoid relapses, but they are ineffective when her biochemistry is unbalanced.

Hard to even explain what happened to my schizophrenic uncle in the hospital... He got spanked...

So yes, I don't think humans should be treated as guinea pigs, going through med trials without having a single lab test done before deciding if those meds are really the right treatment for them, or even needed.
male, non, INTP; "No pain, no gain."; Please reply and excuse me when I'm insensible.
PsyHealer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anti-Psych Forum