Our partner

Worried about possible Malpractice?

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Worried about possible Malpractice?

Postby Groeblinghoff » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:07 pm

So, is it possible that it's malpractice going on in the psych field?

Reason why I ask is this:
-I was abused (by that I mean, a psychiatrist literally slapped me, and drug me by the ear for an evaluation. Keep in mind, this was probably the first time I was ever admitted into a psych ward) in a hospital.
-I was abused outside of the hospital (via a relative).
-I have overdosed on medication before, yet I have medication (which makes no sense).
-I haven't done any drugs before, I lied about being on a drug before, and I realize that was wrong, but I truly haven't been on a drug before. All I remember is one day I was waiting outside of walgreens and for no reason, cigarette buts were in my car. I NEVER did that...someone else did. I have a sneaky suspicion it was a relative.
-I have to constantly tell myself to myself that I'm a good person just so I can survive another day.
-I was "prescribed" some sort of prescription for smoking, and the nurse at the hospital said to simply "not take it." Again...I don't smoke...I've had relations with a smoker before, but I do NOT smoke...
-I'm trying to be patient but boy is this ever hard. I don't have a death wish whatsoever.

(I'll add onto this as soon as I get time. I told my relative I would be home at a certain time. Thanks for taking the time to read this.)
Groeblinghoff
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Worried about possible Malpractice?

Postby constantvoyager » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:36 pm

The psychiatrist's physical assault was criminal behavior, but if you didn't report it at the time, you have very little chance of the police taking it seriously. It's not technically malpractice, but the doctor might have his license suspended or revoked if he's convicted.

I've been 5051ed for suicide attempts six times. I have tons of meds at home. There's no other solution. What are you supposed to do? Go somewhere everyday to get your meds like a methadone clinic? I take meds three times a day. Three visits to the clinic a day? I don't think so. And it would cost a huge amount of money to administrate a staff clinics like that.

And I don't really understand the whole smoking thing. You sounds a touch paranoid there.
constantvoyager
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post