Our partner

charlatanism

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

charlatanism

Postby Auxiliary11 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Is there any proof to back up the hunch that psychiatrists push meds and hospitalization, because with each med prescribed and successful admission, they are paid on the side for it? I know that the med script in itself gets them cash but I'm asking more so about 'being slipped some extra cash' or something of the like.

I just want to know for sure...
self dx. pdd-nos (level 1); covert narcissism w/ avoidant traits; social phobia; inertia.

INFP; dismissive/fearful-avoidant & highly sensitive person

"Life, a sexually transmitted, terminal disease."
"you built up a world of magic, because your real life is tragic"
Auxiliary11
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: charlatanism

Postby Sceptile1 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:42 pm

I don't think this is very common with regular doctors. But my intuition tells me it's definitely happened. Especially with high level targets the government wants to shut down. If a high level doctor manages to manipulate a high level patient, I'm sure the higher-ups would be inclined to slip the doctor extra money.
Sceptile1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am

Postby constantvoyager » Tue May 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Every script does not earn doctors money. If they did, my doctor would hardly try to get me down to the lowest number of meds to keep me stable, nor would he consistently prescribe generics, where the profit margin is much slimmer. Every pdoc I've ever had has prescribed this way. Hardly the best way to earn money per script.

They are no longer allowed to go on junkets paid for pharma companies nor are they allowed to listen to the pharma reps during pharma paid meals.

The one bad thing is that they are allowed to take samples from pharma reps, which can give patients hope, until they realize that they're going to have to pay $300/month, even with the coupon, for a new drug that their body has already adjusted to. That's wrong. The psychiatrist should always tell the patient up front what non-generic drugs are going to cost.
constantvoyager
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 am

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:29 pm

This is such an easy one,

And the Google search is: Doctor kickbacks psychiatric drugs http://www.google.com/search?q=doctor+kickbacks+psychiatric+drugs

And the results,

Is Your Doctor Getting Drug Kickbacks? | The Healthy Home Economist
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ ... kickbacks/
This is not enough, however, as doctors asked about their drug kickbacks usually report biased information that their patients readily believe. Protect yourself!
Does your doctor have ties to big pharma? How you'll be able to find ...

CBS News
Mar 4, 2014 - Big pharma routinely pays doctors to promote its products, but soon ... to give kickbacks to a doctor to prescribe drugs, but it is legal to give ...
12 Shocking Facts About the Dangers of Psychiatric Drugs

Apr 7, 2014 - Alarmingly, psychiatric drugs are common in American society. ... Spot on Robert as well as the Doctors will receive kick backs for prescribing ...
Physician Jailed for Taking Drug Industry Kickbacks - Medscape
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/860478
Medscape
Mar 16, 2016 - A psychiatrist has been sentenced to 9 months in prison and fined $600000 for accepting industry kickbacks in return for fraudulently ...
Doctor given prison for taking kickbacks to prescribe risky drug ...

Chicago Tribune
Mar 11, 2016 - Doctor given prison for taking kickbacks to prescribe risky drug ... to thousands of patients in Chicago nursing homes and mental health clinics.
Doctor admits taking kickbacks for prescribing risky drug - Chicago ...

Chicago Tribune
Feb 13, 2015 - Doctor admits taking kickbacks for prescribing risky drug ... for decades treated patients in Chicago nursing homes and mental health wards, ...
Psychiatric Drug Overuse Is Cited by Federal Study - The New York ...

The New York Times
Mar 1, 2015 - Doctors sometimes prescribe antipsychotic drugs to calm patients with ... psychiatrist pleaded guilty last month to taking illegal kickbacks of ...
Top 50 Psychiatrists Paid by Pharmaceutical Companies | World of ...

Oct 23, 2010 - Who were the top 50 psychiatrists in the U.S. paid by the top seven ... getting when a doctor speaks to them about a particular drug's benefits.
How Much Are Drug Companies Paying Your Doctor? - Scientific ...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... ur-doctor/
Scientific American
Sep 30, 2014 - We've aggregated information from the websites of some large drug ... of settling federal whistle-blower lawsuits alleging improper marketing or kickbacks. ... A California psychiatrist, Gustavo Alva, earned $191,000 in 2013 for ...
Doctors Often Receive Payments From Drug Companies : NPR

NPR
Sep 13, 2011 - But what if you knew that your doctor had been paid by the drug ... that they gave kickbacks to physicians to prescribe their drugs or that they ...
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 am

Postby Riccola » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:25 pm

And this is why psychiatrists and their biased literature emphasis so much on delusions of conspiracy in treatment. Because its very real and most people can see it. Might as well capitalize on it while gas lighting anyone who dare speak up. Psychiatry is the ultimate forum of bullying since it hits all the hallmarks of a over power bully who shifts blame onto its victims.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 am

Return to Anti-Psych Forum