Our partner

Hoping someone can tell me if I can do anything about this.

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Hoping someone can tell me if I can do anything about this.

Postby Hemispheres » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 am

More specifically if I have grounds to report my psych, his practice and three other therapists.

Please read through my thread in the DID forum for specific info.

I am having a very difficult time right now and my doc and his nurses are making things worse.

About 2 1/2 years ago I met a therapist who was convinced I was misdiagnosed. He originally ran from him but came back. Things went well up until last spring. He thinks he's the best therapist in the world for treating DID and said it takes about 6 months to cure anyone. Once 4 months went by and we weren't where he wanted us to be he became abusive towards me. First he brought up me being on SSDI. He brought up my car, asking what model year and make it was and when I told him he started saying I probably have a 15 year old personality who doesn't want to work. Then when I stopped being open with due to him turning things around on me and researching my own condition he took a very disrespectful tone and told me I wasnt ready to get better and not to make another appointment with him until I was.

I left his office last April and went to another practice. I saw a therapist they're who seemed very nice and he referred me to his colleague for a rediagnosis. After about three appointments, He told me he didn't believe I was Schizoaffective, and he told me it was most likely Bi Polar, PTSD and Avoidant Personality Disorder. I also asked him about DID/MPD and he just nodded yes. He never wrote these things down in front of me. In fact he ushered me to the receptionist area and told me he would send the paperwork to my current psych asap. It took 3 phone calls for him to send said paperwork.

Last fall it was finially sent, and I brought it up with my psych and he looked at it and just smiled at me. Around that time his office and staff started becoming very disrespectful towards me. I believe despite what he said he wrote down the same diagnosis I already had.

I've been trying to explain to my psych that I have anxiety, and ptsd symptoms such as flashbacks and dissociation. He just got a cocky attitude with me and perscribed proponalol and leaned forward in my face and said in a smug tone that I was experiencing paranoia. I'm waiting on my social worker to receive paper work from my "rediagnosis" to see if I was indeed lied too.

The therapist who referred me to this doc for the rediagnosis was just recently fired by me. In Jan he asked me how things were going with my girlfriend and I told him I found out she was married and dumped her. He then told me I could use a dating site to seek out no strings sex if that's what I wanted. I replied no, I'm not into that lifestyle and those who are disgust me. He immediately got an attitude and started mumbling under his breath then changed the subject. The following appointment I told him for the first time all the issues I needed to work on. One of those issues was ptsd like symptoms during sex. I told him I was never able to have sex and that whenever I try I feel hollow, like I'm not in my own body. He started laughing and said it all makes perfect sense now. He said people who have been through what I have feel guilty and shameful about sex. I tried explaining to him that isn't the case, and he changed the subject then ended the appointment early. I cancelled my next appointment with him and haven't gone back.

In early March I found out I was in an ssdi overpayment for failed attempts at full time work. I've been so stressed out my meds are wearing off sooner and I'm experiencing bi polar, schizo and dissociative symptoms. I called my psych office to sign up for the medication program and told them I had lost my SSDI and insurance and was told to come pick up the paperwork. I got to the office and the receptionist made a smart ass comment about wanting free meds.

I returned yesterday to drop off the paperwork and spoke with the head nurse and she started making smart ass comments about free meds, cheap meds and even on one occasion asked if I like free stuff. I also left a note for my doc explaining my symptoms and asking if he could up my dosage and get a sooner appointment. The nurse who took the note snatched it out of my hand and spun around with her back to me and said she'd give it to then doc.

After putting 2 and 2 together, it seems after the rediagnosing doc pulled that crap with me and I brought up a false rediagnosis to my current psych his entire practice is acting like I'm making everything up to stay on disability.

Regardless I'm not getting the help I need and I'm wondering if I have grounds to report any of them to the Virginia Board of Psychiatry.
Hemispheres
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hoping someone can tell me if I can do anything about this.

Postby Copy_Cat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:42 am

Hemispheres wrote:About 2 1/2 years ago I met a therapist who was convinced I was misdiagnosed.

According to Allen Frances, who was chairman of the fourth edition of DSM, “There are no objective tests in psychiatry—no X-ray, laboratory, or exam finding that says definitely that someone does or does not have a mental disorder."

Additionally, the DSM system is not scientific. It’s own editors state that “there is no assumption that each category of mental disorder is a completely discrete entity with absolute boundaries dividing it from other mental disorders or from no mental disorder.” (DSM-IV, pg. xxii)

They are just billing codes so who cares ?

Its easier to avoid conflict, fly under the radar and get your prescriptions if you think they help and the SSDI than fight with these people.

Hemispheres wrote:Regardless I'm not getting the help I need and I'm wondering if I have grounds to report any of them to the Virginia Board of Psychiatry.

There is really no law against people being rude.

I think maybe if you really want a new or correct diagnosis the thing to do is goto a new doctor with a clean slate by not bringing any previous stuff for a big do over.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 am

Postby Hemispheres » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:18 am

I called the head of said practice this morning and told her I am fed up and described everything that is going on. She tried spinning it on me and said I took it the wrong way, that since I was in there for the medication program she was simply asking questions. I cut her off, told her that she was not asking questions and every few minutes over the span of me being in this nurses office that she continued to make smart ass comments, NOT QUESTIONS. I told her I WILL not put up with it anymore, I WILL file a report (more on that in a moment) and I was done speaking to her and hung up.

Less than 10 minutes later the nurse who snatched the paper out of my hand called, leaving a message trying to say she misplaced the paperwork and to call her ASAP to get a sooner appointment. But ###$ it, I'll just wait until next week because with the state of mind I am in if they continued that crap today I would've snapped.

My family rides my ass about disability, the pharmacy I was going to was very rude to me about it. My grandfather started getting smart with me the other night when we were talking and he brought up going full time. I told him with my symptoms I am not well enough to go full time, I tried telling him Anxiety is my trigger and everything falls apart if I get anxious. Then he wants to act like Im making things up and exaggerating so I don't have to work full time. Then he stepped out of line and brought up a job I left after being sexually harassed saying they were hiring full time. He and my uncle took me out to eat following leaving that job and took turns taking jabs at me and got the servers to join in. I ended up having a complete mental breakdown following that. I left a note in his room telling him to knock if off or he will get cut out of my life like my uncle did, which is a lot considering how close I am to him.

I looked up the rules and regulations as per the Virginia Board of Health and not acknowledging symptoms/acting like the patient is playing upon them or making them up is a major violation, as is unprofessional conduct. I am fed up with this behavior, I am fed up with these Psychs, Nurses and their massive egos and I WILL NOT put up with this crap anymore.
Hemispheres
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Copy_Cat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:10 pm

Hemispheres wrote:I looked up the rules and regulations as per the Virginia Board of Health and not acknowledging symptoms/acting like the patient is playing upon them or making them up is a major violation, as is unprofessional conduct. I am fed up with this behavior, I am fed up with these Psychs, Nurses and their massive egos and I WILL NOT put up with this crap anymore.

Good then don't take any crap from these people. Just don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Man records conversaatiom with Child Psychiatrist who drugged Child w/o Knowledge or Consent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tpl-1AoDOwnd puts it on youtube.

You came to the anti psych forum for advice on fighting back, ok here you go

Have some fun goto http://www.pissedconsumer.com and put up a complaint that shows up on searches for the place.

What happens is other people find and read your complaint then add their own and thoroughly expose the place. Everyone Googles their doctor and doctors office ect.

Here is another http://www.rippoffreport.com its like making your own "this place sucks" webpage that comes up first page google results.

Just don't do this stuff angry cause there is no delete button if you post something stupid. Remember that.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:09 am

This post is still on top so here is more

According to a Harvard Business School Study on Reviews, Reputation, and Revenue: a one-star rating decrease can reduce revenues by nearly 10% for a business practice.

A Doctor’s online reputation plays a major role in obtaining new clients and maintaining trust with existing patients and colleagues, but it only takes one negative review to have patients rushing to cancel their appointment....

Before choosing a physician as a quality provider of medical care, many patients first turn to the web to do their due diligence, researching that their doctor has the appropriate medical credentials and a well-established online reputation history. A doctor’s online reputation not only affects the doctor, but the clinic, colleagues, employees...

http://www.google.com/search?q=doctors+ ... reputation

Tell the world how rude they are LOL
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Hemispheres » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:40 am

That's exactly what happened to me. I was placed on Seroquel back in 97 or 98 at 10 years old. I was out of control however I see no excuse for any Doc to do what my childhood psych did to me. My sister and grandfather sat down and counted all the meds I was on in 4th grade. I was on 18 different meds, basically a cocktail of antidepressants, mood stabilizers, and anti psychotics.

I have tried stopping and tapering off of seroquel to no avail. When I stopped I went through benzo withdrawal and when I tapered I got down to 400mg of XR and started experiening severe anxiety and dissociation.

Believe me when I say I despise the psych field but I have some very hard time without meds, and have a rough time when I get stressed.

I'm not bothering with reviews at all, I've spoken to my social worker and she said if it continues she can get me into another office ASAP.
Hemispheres
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Anti-Psych Forum