Our partner

Everything sets me off lately

Open Discussions about Anger and Anger Management.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Everything sets me off lately

Postby Caitjinoy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:27 am

I've never really had anger management problems until recently. I don't know what triggered it in the first place but it was probably just stress. Anytime someone does or says something I don't like or in a way that is different than what I would do I get angry. Or if someone asks stupid or annoying questions. Or even just personal questions. When my sister brings her kids over they scream a lot and some days they are knocking on my bedroom door asking to come in all the time and that sets me on edge.If the internet goes out for a few seconds or I planned to do something and it didn't work out last minute, or I think about stupid things I've done in my life. I want to punch something and cry.
What really worries me is how I've been treating my dogs. It's not like I'm abusing them but I find myself yelling at them a lot which is typically not like me at all. And my 1y/o pup sometimes has poor impulse control and that makes me really mad I sometimes slap her on the head or push her away really harshly with my foot. Every time I do something like that I feel terrible and she looks at me with fear in her eyes and I know that I've done something awful and can't forgive myself. I have to give her extra gentle loves and kisses afterwards because I don't want her to be afraid of me. She would never ever fight back and that just makes me feel even worse.
I feel it's more that they are reacting to my mood and it scares them to see me act funny. I will sometimes ball my fists and I'll throw things around and those quick intense movements make them flinch. If I go to punch my pillow they stay back and are alert and staring at me in amazement like I've turned into the Incredible Hulk or something.
I don't really know how to express my anger in a way that is not scary or harmful so I try to bottle it up when I'm around people. Sometimes I'll just forget about it but some things just won't let go and I feel angry and stiff all day.
This gets me by
(you know it feels good, you know it feels so good)
The drugs that keep me high
(you know it feels good, but you know it all feels so fake)
-Of Mice and Men
Product of a Murderer
Caitjinoy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Everything sets me off lately

Postby Snaga » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:17 am

Hey Cait ((hugs))

Our dog is very sensitive. I've often unintentionally upset her with my mood. They're probably the greatest students of human behavior, they watch us so intently.

I try, if I'm really upset, to let it out where she can't see me
We do not delete posts.
Please do read the Forum Rules
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anger Management