Our partner

Slow drivers, news reporters and engine efficiency

Open Discussions about Anger and Anger Management.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Slow drivers, news reporters and engine efficiency

Postby Copy_Cat » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:26 pm

This was a combination of hates coming together that pissed me off today.

News reporters, I hate the way they talk with combination of phony know it all authority and that elevated voice to make every story sound bigger and more important than than it is combined with their constant lies and misinformation.

For example when they speak of 6 inches of snow coming do they have to use a voice as if reporting a large ######6 meteor is going to strike the earth ? Stay tuned for "emergency" information ! A little snow is NOT an "emergency"or even a big deal at all.

And slow drivers the ones that have crap hanging from the mirror and take off real slow in the left lane and it takes 10 minutes for the flow to get started. Crap hanging on rear view mirror usually always means stupid driver.

Today the news was telling drivers to take off real slow to save fuel, it doesn't ###$ ing work that way. Engines have an "efficiency zone" where they make the most power with the least fuel and it is NOT at 5-10 % throttle @ low RPM taking off slow and real stupid.

Cars engines are engineered to be most efficient at the RPM/throttle opening to deliver the horsepower needed at the max highway speed limit so when the do the miles per gallon test they get high numbers by turning the least gasoline into the most mechanical energy at that RPM/throttle setting.

Taking off real slow means running the engine outside the efficiency zone for a longer time to deliver the energy needed to get to speed therefor wasting gasoline !!

Anger management means not calling the news station and cursing out their stupidity as much as I totally hate news reporters and stupid drivers who cause traffic slowdowns.
Last edited by Copy_Cat on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Slow drivers, news reporters and engine efficiency

Postby Copy_Cat » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Stupid drivers can get my anger maybe as high as a 3 on a bad day that's nothing, TV news reporters can push an 7 or 8 out of 10. Hiding behind the screen blabbing bias lie after bias lie followed by "ask your doctor" ads for pharmas latest "safe" drug you don't need and there will be a lawsuit against when people get sick from untold hidden side effects like always happens every drug every single time no exceptions ever.

Yet Another Poll Shows People Hate Journalists http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/1 ... 61066.html
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Slow drivers, news reporters and engine efficiency

Postby Copy_Cat » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Fuel efficiency varies with the vehicle. Fuel efficiency during acceleration generally improves as RPM increases until a point somewhere near peak torque (brake specific fuel consumption). Experts recommend accelerating quickly, but smoothly to save fuel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_economy-maximizing_behaviors

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=112611

Why are you taking off so slow at the green light ? To save fuel, the TV news told me so. That's what you think but that ain't reality.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Anger Management