Our partner

Is my boyfriend slightly alcoholic?

Alcohol Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

Is my boyfriend slightly alcoholic?

Postby Cass1991 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here and need some advice
My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 months now and I've finally noticed some behaviors with alcohol that have been bothering me increasingly. Now I should say that he doesn't wake up and drink a can of beer before work or anything like that. We don't live together but I'll come over during the week at least once or twice he will have at least 7-10 beers throughout the night, and I don't know if he does that much when I'm not there. I should also add those 7-10 beers barely get him tipsy. Weekends are guaranteed getting drunk. Either both fri and sat, or fri sat and Sunday. He can never have "just a couple". He will drive drunk almost every time, but it's not that big of a deal to him because he's a "pro" at it and it's not that far of a drive. Since I've been w him he's driven black out drunk at least once going at a high speed. This week for example we hung out Tuesday night and he had 12 beers? Then on Thursday he wasted at home w his friends and doesn't remember talking to me on the phone. I broke down and talked to him about it yesterday and told him that I'm concerned about his drinking and about kids and marriage if we get serious. He got pissed and said I was nagging, overreacting
What do you all think? I seriously need help. We get along so well otherwise but I don't know what to do, I don't want a future with someone like this. I think he has a problem, but of course he doesn't think so.
Cass1991
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Alcohol Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post