Our partner

The lack of responses

Agoraphobia message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

The lack of responses

Postby Neverwonenough » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:33 pm

The few responses with many posts and some without any makes me miserable. I guess there is little to no help for agoraphobia/isolation. In the real world I don't see any solution to being alone, unless you have people there for you already, and then if you do they may not care. I guess the only people that can help agoraphobics and with similar issues are those who also have it. I tried to go to therapist a few times and was treat in a way where they just wanted rid of me, then I was denied help and basically told to go away. Ohwelll this post is pointless but I'm just expressing.
Neverwonenough
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The lack of responses

Postby Purple 8 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:09 pm

I sympathize with you and I'm not agoraphobic.
Purple 8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:45 am

Postby atina » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Dear Neverwonenough:

Not to get responses is disheartening. I am often amazed by how many people view a topic and how few, if any, respond. On the other hand, when I do respond to people, they often don't come back to me. Most often, they don't. Or their answer doesn't address me, they write a line, not acknowledging or appreciating my efforts to help.

Reads to me that you saw an indecent person as a therapist, someone who tried to get rid of you? How rude. I wish you came across a competent, empathetic therapist who sincerely wanted to help you!

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:45 am

Postby slimsally » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm

I was just browsing the forums, and I felt sad reading this. Some of these boards are really dead. I don't have agoraphobia, but I have panic disorder and I feel anxiety about 100% of the time. Agoraphobia is especially sad because people become so isolated that way.

Have you looked into finding a new therapist? Some are just bad fits or your disorder isn't their area of specialty or they just don't give a f*ck.

Have you gone to a psychiatrist? Meds really helped me gain confidence. I don't take them much anymore because taking them every day for years made me sleepy and apathetic all the time. I felt like they helped me get over the initial hump, though.

Feel better. People do care.
anxious/aloof/impulsive/former drinker
slimsally
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:45 am

Postby CloudShark » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Sorry about the lack of responses.

You'd think that this would be an active sub forum.

II honestly think there are plenty of therapists that would be willing to help you. When I struggled to get out they said that's it's a really common problem and they know how to treat it. Professionals were sympathetic and gave good, practical advice.

Gradual exposure exercises were really helpful for me.
"Away"
CloudShark
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BBKnight » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi Neverwonenough i am Brian,

I feel for you this illness has hurt every part of my life and family, but hang in there sometimes things do not run on our time but sometimes they do come at the right time. Me and you though different share the same challenges. I wish i was the only human who had to suffer this illness, it breaks my heart just how many of us do. I am not a good or wise man but i offer you understanding and love. And i truly hope you can find your path to recovery stay strong Neverwonenough. Take one day at as time, and even though you face hardship try to be thankful for the things you do have.

B.
BBKnight
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby eterea107 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi,

I suffer from agoraphobia, too, along with other disorders. I see a psychiatrist and a therapist. Getting to these appointments are difficult, but my partner drives me to them. Otherwise, I struggle to get out of the house, I understand.
103 =)
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:45 am

Return to Agoraphobia Forum