Our partner

Extremely Worried and Seeking Advice

Agoraphobia message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

Extremely Worried and Seeking Advice

Postby lukasbh » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is lukas im 19 years old and i have severe anxiety and depression, have done for many years now and ive always struggled with it and battle it everyday. For Example: I worry about going to shops or i worry about be outside where i can be seen or where i can be judged.
Despite my age i have never had a job and this due to my anxiety in past interviews ive fainted or had panic attacks and then feel embarrassed having these said panic attacks.
Today i went to a job interview and through the interview i was fine which was very surprising to me, they said id hear from them in a few hours. Then i got the job which everyone else is excited about and im sat there crying thinking of every bad scenario that could possible happen.. I know i should be happy but im panicking and worried i have no idea what to expect tomorrow.
Thanks For Listening
lukasbh
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Extremely Worried and Seeking Advice

Postby Tectum » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:24 am

Hey Lukas,

I understand what you're going through. At the risk of stating the obvious, it gets better if you identify what alleviates the anxiety. I'm not a religious person or anything, but when I pray for positive forces to intervene and direct my mind towards acceptance, forgiveness, and love, my fears almost completely wash away. Try taking slow, deep breaths for an extended period of time. Slowly inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth while focusing on acceptance, forgiveness, and love. Feel the healing power of these emotions and concepts. Remember that everyone feels anxious about their first day on the job. You're not alone.
Tectum
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am

Re: Extremely Worried and Seeking Advice

Postby thelambslion » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:03 am

Having been a manager and having hired people who were seeking jobs, I would say that I would agree. You are definitely not alone. I never took a look at my mental health, out of general dislike for doctors, but growing up I often puked on my first day at work every time. It wasn't that I felt any particular way other than I cared to do well when I got there but low and behold, in front of everyone, it would suddenly hit me that I couldn't handle my stomach. New things and responsibilities can be frightening, and the idea of maintaining them is enough to make you feel like quitting before you begin. But, never have I failed or have I trained anyone in who failed so badly that they were let go. take things at your own pace, and you don't have to explain your health to anyone, but you can explain that it may take a while for you to feel comfortable, however you are willing to try the best you can to perform your job to the best of your abilities. Any good manager should respect your concern and understand you effort to communicate, whether you speak it or write it.
thelambslion
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Return to Agoraphobia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post