Our partner

Bladder issues

Agoraphobia message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

Bladder issues

Postby unicorngreen » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:58 pm

About 4/5 years ago my doctor told me I was agoraphobic. I denied medication and felt I could deal with it without, it got better but in the last year i've been having bladder problems more than having anxiety leaving my house. I have to pee all the time, i can't go anywhere where its difficult to use the bathroom, concerts etc. Its really bothering me now and even my friends just think i have a terrible bladder and it annoys them but i didn't have this issue until recently, just wondering if anyone else has an issue similar?
unicorngreen
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Bladder issues

Postby CloudShark » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:51 pm

I used to have problems with kidney stones and infections and know how annoying this is. I wanted to pee constantly and it got worse when I had stents in.

I think you should see a doctor if you can to check that you don't have a UTI or if there is anything wrong with your waterworks.

Even now it's sorted I still constantly worry about needing a pee all the time and that's just psychological. As soon as I go out anywhere or go to bed I suddenly think- what if I need a wee?
"Away"
CloudShark
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby helloimhere » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:16 am

(Sorry for late post)

I experience this, it's part of my anxiety. Whenever I'm out I always start stressing about whether there's a bathroom around/whether I can get to it. If there ends up not being one, my physical symptoms set off. Stomach pains, urges to use the bathroom, sweating, etc.

I've learned to control my symptoms by thinking realistically. For example, if I'm in a store: "Is there a bathroom here? No? Okay, let's go check next door then." I just try to calm myself down and try to get my mind off those thoughts.
Diagnosis: Major Depression w/ Psychotic features, Borderline Personality Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder

Medications: Pristiq 100mg, Haldol 1mg, Ambien 10mg
helloimhere
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:54 am

Postby caffeine » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:18 pm

There's an over the counter antacid called Prelief. Works wonders, but I have to take a lot of it. My bladder is sensitive to acids in foods. That's why I have a lot of burning.
caffeine
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am

Postby dizzybythedasies » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:13 pm

I don't have problems with my bladder but I'm terrified of leaving the house because I have a mega fear of wetting myself. I've never spoken to anybody about it and wouldn't know how because I'm so embarrassed but I really do want help for it
dizzybythedasies
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Agoraphobia Forum